Have you not heard? Do you not know?
In the Hebrew text, 430, gods, is used in several verses within the Bible. Explaining clearly who, whom and whose we are. We are gods, but we are NOT God. We are His children, and it can be no other way, even if you disagree.
The text refers to a name of God which God bestowed upon us, you and I. Elohiym. The definition is as follows: Hebrew # 430
gods in the ordinary sense; but spec. used (in the plur. thus, esp. with art) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: -angels, X exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.
There might be some who firmly disagree, as was the case this morning on Twitter, where I was blocked because I stated this, directly from the Word. The person is a Christian. It's okay that I was blocked because, I know who, whom and whose I am. Without doubts. Let's get started shall we.
Psalm 82 (I read the King James Version)
1. God stands in the congregation of the mighty; he judges among the gods.
2. How long will you judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
3. Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
4. Deliver the poor and needy; rid (free) them out of the hand of the wicked.
5. They know not, neither will they understand, they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7. But you shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
8. Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.
This chapter is specific, stating clearly that we have a duty, first, then we are told that we are gods, not God, but gods.
Let's dig deeper shall we.
In John 10:34 & 35, Jesus is speaking unto the Jews regarding good works. Accused of blasphemy, which was done many times, even though it's not true, Jesus was accused any way. We all know what that is like, even if this has not happened personally, we have witnessed this happening to our President over the course of four years. Quite a spectacle MSM has created, wouldn't you say?
John 10:34, 35 (I read the King James Version)
34. Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"
35. "If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;"
Do you see that in verse 35 part b, "and the scripture cannot be broken;" Oh how I love this simple and yet, very powerful statement. No matter what anyone says or does, the Word cannot be broken. It was written in the law and spoken by Jesus himself, unto us, even though Jesus was speaking to the Jews. While in dispute of course.
There are several other verses within the Word explaining clearly, but I am going to leave you with this, and you can search out the rest. For the so-called scholars of the word, this might upset you or for those who claim Christianity, this might anger you, towards me, but so, let the redeemed of the Lord say, "SO!" SO WHAT? When you actually read the Word for yourself, you learn, you grow, you change. Humbleness covers you like a blanket and kindness clothes you like a new outfit or suit. It's utterly impossible otherwise.
To conclude today's post, I tell you, as Jesus told us, and me, You are gods, here on earth, not just princes and princesses, but gods, of the Most High! Start behaving that way, and let's see the earth change for the better. Learn who, whom and whose you are and stop this nonsense of being overly competitive and jealous. There are multiple forms of jealousy, but the form God holds is in Love! Not hate or for destruction.
The Lord Bless you & keep you. May God's face shine upon you and bring you peace!
As always, His Peace & His Love always!